If five or more of the following symptoms have been present for more than two weeks
please talk to your doctor about the possibility of depression being present. These symptoms could
also indicate a medical condition other than depression.
- Feelings of sadness and/or irritability
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities normally enjoyed
- Changes in weight or appetite
- Changes in sleeping pattern
- Feelings of guilt, hopelessness, or worthlessness
- Inability to concentrate, remember things, or make decisions
- Constant fatigue or loss of energy
- Observable restlessness or decreased activity
- Recurrent thoughts of suicide or death
For a more detailed depression screening test, please look online for the Goldberg screening test.